Fashion needn’t be just for the young and child-free…
From updated denim to the new boho, here are some EASY ways that you can be on trend this SUMMER, even if it’s just for the SCHOOL RUN!
1. New denim – Ever find yourself cursing your uncomfortable skinnies? We know we do, especially in the warmer months. If you find it hard to part with denim even when the sun is shining then this trend is for you! Team baggy jeans with a slim-fitting tee and sandals or sneakers for running around after the kids in the day, then throw on some flares, chunky platform sandals and an on-trend floral blouse for a rare mums’ night out!
Here’s how some mum bloggers are rocking their denim this season:
2. Suede – There’s no denying that the 70s are having a bit of a moment this Spring/Summer. If you’ve got a bit of cash to splash then investing in a suede jacket this season might be a great move. If you want to get the look for less than this beige number from H&M should see you through the summer. But, if you want to splash out on something that will last a little longer, we just love this one from Mango in two gorgeous vibrant shades. Which colour would you choose? (Keep all cream away from the smallest children!)
3. Fringing – If you’ve stepped foot on the highstreet this season you’ll have seen that fringing is everywhere! While we may not be ready to try that teeny fringed crop top just yet, a fringed bag is an easy way to update your look without having to go too far out of your comfort zone. Check out our pick of the best bargains…
4. Flats and trainers – Hurrah! The fashion powers-that-be have listened and have said goodbye to painfully high heels for this season. Most of us are already rocking this look for the school run (WAY ahead of trend…). Simply update last year’s sandals with a gladiator style and swap your lace ups for some skater slip-ons and you’re good to go!
Here’s how some of our favourite bloggers have been wearing their new season flats:
5. Maxis – Dust off those maxis mums, they’re here to stay for another year! In another nod to 70s bohemia, this year channel a hippy vibe and wear yours in floaty florals with your new fringed bag. You’ll be sporting festival-chic-at-the-playground until September! (#MumTip – don’t leave fringe bags near babies! You thought hair pulling was bad?! )
If you’d like to see some more style inspiration from us, then check out our Pinterest, where we regularly pin our pick of the latest styles for mums and kids too!
We, BeHappyMum know how busy being a mother can be that’s why our apps like FitMama and PlayMama, as well as our social media are there to help Mums save time and enjoy Motherhood!
See our latest popular Mummy blogs here: