Fatherhood changes may mean less sleep, less money and more responsibility, but it also means a whole lot more fun and all the excuses you could need for not doing the housework*!
Here are 13 things you can only do once you become a Dad!
1.Visit a toy store and claim that you’re choosing a remote-controlled car for your child (they don’t need to know who it’s really for).
2. While everyone admires the great job you’re doing “lulling your child to sleep” get to have a peaceful nap with them instead! Your child is too young to give you out anyway…
3. Buy that new toy you’ve been wanting to play with for ages, and pretend it’s really for the kids for Christmas.
4. Finally learn something you’ve always wanted to know when your child keeps asking you to explain how it works… thanks Google!
5. Always have someone to pass you the TV remote while you relax on the sofa.
6. Finally get to shout “Come on! Come on!” cheering on your kid at sports day as loud as you want without your partner telling you to be quiet.
7. Make new friends super easily, just by accompanying your children to school events, parties or the playground.
8. Always have someone to play sports with or ride your bike with, and they’ll never make excuses to get out of it!
9. Call time spent on the PlayStation ‘quality time’ because it’s time spent doing something with the kids.
10. Make your partner happy by saying they can have 1 hour kid-free, while they do groceries…
11. Pull off the perfect date night for your partner without spending a penny. Just let them sleep peacefully.
12. Always have a reason to go out and leave the housework because you simply must take your child to the park, cinema, shops…
13. Take a break from housework* to watch your favourite cartoons. It’s not your fault the children demanded that you sit down and watch with them…
*we are only partially joking dads, we know this is not always the case!